Instagram is the fastest growing social media platform out there. In the last half of 2017, Instagram grew its audience by almost 25 percent.
If real estate agents and agencies have not started putting together an Instagram strategy, now would be a good time to start.
Instagram is perfect for real estate for multiple reasons. First, it’s all about visuals. Photos and videos live on Instagram. High-quality photos of homes, key features and communities will grab the attention of your followers. The same is true for well-produced videos. The higher the quality, the more appealing. Grainy or blurry photos, shaky or out of focus video aren’t very appealing on Instagram.
Videos can be up to 60 seconds long on Instagram. You can also post up to 10 photos in a slideshow on Instagram.
Another reason real estate agents should be using Instagram? The user population. Over one third of online adults in the United State use Instagram (and that is growing quickly) and women are in the majority. 38% of women in the U.S. use Instagram while 26% of men use the platform. 70% of Americans on Instagram have a post-secondary education, and the ages of Instagram users are target audiences for real estate agents. 59 percent of Instagram users in the U.S. are between 18 and 29 years old. 33 percent of the user pool is between 30 and 49 years old. That means 92 percent of the Instagram audience in the United States is between 18 and 49 years old and most hold college degrees.
Instagram users are also likely to have the financial means to purchase a home. 31 percent of American Instagram users make over $75,000 per year. 32 percent make between $50,000 and $74,999 per year.
Facebook purchased Instagram in 2012, and if you have a Facebook presence already, that is good news for your Instagram strategy. Make sure you go into your Instagram settings and transform your account into a business account if you haven’t already. That will allow you to connect your Instagram account to your business Facebook page. Once your accounts are connected, you can promote your postings across platforms. A business account on Instagram will also allow you to see insights into your audience and how effective your posts are.
If you’re wondering if your houses and landscapes will be acceptable to users who are looking at their friends’ children and vacation photos, the answer is yes. 80 percent of Instagram users follow at least one business on the social platform, 60 percent of users find new products on Instagram, and 75 percent of Instagram users take action after visiting a business post.
Do you have an Instagram account? If not, it’s time to sign up. If you do, it’s time to start learning ways to use the platform to sell more houses.
REAL ESTATE TIPS FOR INSTAGRAM
- Most people watch video with the sound OFF. Make sure your videos have text on them if you want information (not just visuals) to get through to the user.
- Tag the location of the home — either the town/city or the actual physical address if it’s available for your location. People who do not follow you can find your post based on the location. Posts with locations get 79% more engagement.
- Instagram users engage more on weekdays. Target your posts accordingly. Tease ahead to weekend open houses. Thursday has the highest amount of engagement while Sunday has the least amount.
- It’s OK to use emojis. Instagram is not a formal platform. 50% of Instagram captions & comments use emojis.
- Don’t settle for blurry, pixelated, shaky, out-of-focus, poorly lit photos & videos. Quality matters.
- Engage with others. By liking other posts, commenting on posts and responding to comments on your posts, you can create more engagement and get more followers.
- Use hashtags. Posts with at least one hashtag average 12.6 percent more engagement. But don’t go too crazy. Posts with more than nine hashtags begin to lose engagement. Hashtags can also get you more engagement and likes as people search for specific hashtags. Think about things like #RaleighRealEstate, #TriangleRealEstate and other relevant terms.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Carolina Digital Media Solutions provides lots of services to real estate agents and home sellers. Among the services we provide are social media videos. We can produce 60-second videos with captions which you can upload straight to Instagram (or Facebook, or Twitter, or any other social platform). Our photos are also high-quality and can be used on social platforms like Instagram.
As a standalone service, social media videos are $75. If you add it on to other services, such as a drone shoot, it will only cost you $25.
During the spring of 2018, we are offering a limited time deal for drone real estate shoots. For just $125, we will produce a drone video of your property (up to 2 minutes long), a social media drone video and a five drone photos. This is more than 50% off the regular price of our top competitor.
For more information about our services contact us at email@example.com.