Who are we?
Carolina Digital Media Solutions, based out of the Triangle area of North Carolina, was founded by digital media professionals. Our team has worked in digital media, television, website and social media management, photography, videography, audio and more. We are professional and dedicated to producing quality products for our clients.
What do we do?
There are a number of services that we offer our clients at Carolina Digital Media Solutions, mostly centered around digital video production. From filming video on the ground, on water, or in the air, we can provide for your digital video needs. We are fully licensed with the FAA and the NC Department of Transportation to fly drones for commercial purposes. We even carry our own insurance specific to drone use. We also have the ability to produce still photos to fit your needs. Whether you’re in real estate and trying to sell a house or land, have a commercial business that needs marketing materials,run a non-profit in need of exposure, or just an individual with digital media needs, we can help! If you have specific ideas for a project, contact us and let us see how we can help. You can email us any time at email@example.com and we’ll get back to you quickly.
What does it cost?
We know everyone is on a budget and we keep our costs very reasonable and affordable. Our prices are very competitive with the rest of the industry, but the specific cost for your project will depend on lots of specifics. The cost will depend on factors such as the size and scope of the project, time spent, post production needed, location, number of people needed, services involved, etc. We routinely offer special pricing for certain things, so keep any eye on our social media and our blog. We also offer discounts for non-profit groups, schools and churches, and we have packages set up for real estate, commercial businesses and individuals. Estimates are always free, so please contact us and let us know how we can help.
Where will you fly your drone?
The short answer is anywhere that is legal. Both the federal government and the state of North Carolina have very specific rules when it comes to flying drones and where they can be flown, especially when it comes to commercial use. If you are using a drone operator right now, be sure you ask to see their NC DOT and FAA licenses. Without those licenses, they are illegally operating the drone and you could be legally liable. We are fully licensed and insured for commercial drone use and can provide that information to you upon request. At Carolina Digital Media Solutions, we follow all FAA and NC DOT regulations. Some of the regulations can be waived by the FAA, but those waivers can take a few months to be processed. Here are some of the regulations we must follow:
- Fly below 400 feet above ground level (with exceptions for flying over buildings/near structures)
- Never fly near other aircraft
- Drone must stay within line of sight
- Must be kept away from emergency responders
- Cannot fly over occupied stadiums, sporting events or groups of people not associated with the shoot
- Never fly within 5 miles of an airport without contacting air traffic control (there are some intricacies to this regulation and we do have special waivers from the FAA to fly in some areas that are restricted for others)
- Cannot fly before 30 minutes before official sunrise or after 30 minutes after official sunset without a FAA waiver
- Cannot fly in national parks or North Carolina state parks without permission
Carolina Digital Media Solutions will travel to locations outside of the Triangle for projects. Contact us to discuss your needs.